Um Schlüsselkompetenzen in wissenschaftlichem Arbeiten und der persönlichen Weiterqualifizierung zu erwerben, bietet das MGK 854 regelmäßig Workshops in verschiedenen Kategorien an.
Trainer: Dr. Juliane Handschuh
When: 21.04. - 22.04.2022, each day 9 am - 3:30 pm *
Where: online via Zoom (*time slots include online & offline elements)
Registration: via e-mail with full name, status (PhD or MD student) and SFB project number to Martina Beyrau.
Content & goals:
Stepping into the postdoc level of your career comes with a new set of responsibilities. Among them, funding is one of the career-defining ones. According to reviewers and funding agencies, many research projects do not receive funding because the project was not communicated clearly enough. Excellent research does not mean that the grant application will automatically be approved. The principle of a well-structured grant is global. You will learn:
- how to find your research-niche
- written and visual scientific communication re-visited and adjusted to fit the grant writing process
- structure of a research grant
- how to phrase and test a hypothesis
- getting information on the funding possibilities that fit your career level
- getting in touch with the funding agency
- how to deal with rejection
Methods: mindmapping, theoretical input, practice units in group and individual work, offline practice, peer-to-peer feedback, dicussion in plenum